theChurchladyblog

Since I Always Have An Opinion and Half the Time I Am Likely Preaching To Myself...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Learned a Little...



Tonight I went to a concert at one of our areas larger churches, Bay Presbyterian. Yes, I dusted off my passport and crossed the river to the West Side. Anyhow, this concert ran for 3 nights and tonight was the last one. I think there might have been about 500+ there. I have been to Bay Pres for meetings, but this is the first time in the sanctuary, which I actually liked quite a bit! I was in the very back row (of PEWS) and I was eye-level with the person on the first level of the stage. The room did not feel unfriendly or cold or too big. AND I did not have to look at unpleasant things (that I referred to in an earlier post or comment). The stage was dressed very nicely and the windows and skylights gave a feeling of openness. The screens with the words on it were not oversized (even though probably the whole 100-person choir could stand on it) to the point of being the only thing you see. The organ pipes were a block long. (Not really.) And the concert, with the orchestra, lighting and all, was very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home