theChurchladyblog

Since I Always Have An Opinion and Half the Time I Am Likely Preaching To Myself...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Unemployed, Maybe

Since I have been in church my whole life, I have been asked to do things my whole life, in church. As a young teen, my pastor would collar me when we were Christmas caroling and ask me to offer grace before the hot chocolate. It was
uncomfortable and scary, but I learned so much from being put into training right away after becoming a Christian. We were youth reps in council, taught Sunday School, took an active part in forming the calendar for Youth Group, made
announcements in the morning, etc. I am so glad the adults in my life had enough confidence in God's working that they would ask me to get involved. I am not sure as many adults "get" that young people are just as fully Christian and just as fully capable, since God is the Supplier to either age group.

I still expect this responsibility stuff as an adult. As an adult, I taught 3rd Grade & Sr. High Sunday School, have been a church camp counselor, served on church board and Pastor Parish Relations, sung in choirs, served in nursing homes, served in the inner-city as camp counselor and street missions helper, been on missions, nominations, woman’s committees, etc.

I have gifts. I want to use them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home